Print Thread
Hot laps at Riverside
wdboyd
My Best test AI laps at Mosport.

Lola T260 : 1:13.096

Farrari S.p.a : 1:13.807

Porsche 917 PA : 1:14.206

braddw25
And I will now have more time to devote to doing setups as I will now be absent the supreme frustration of trying to get this beauty into a racing sim called GTR2. I've been working on it for the last two weeks and finally figured out how to port cars from Rfactor to GTR2. It is not for the faint of heart.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
That is a piece of driving art.

Just improved my Porsche/10 best AI time at Mosport.

1:12.453

Just did some testing with the 1973 Blue Lola #17.

1:10.239 ! Smile

braddw25
twothumbsup
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I was just able to drop 2 seconds off my #59 Porsche 917/10 time by switching to soft tires.

1:10.691

I'm having a lot less success with the poor Farrari Spa. I can't seem to get it under the 1:13 time at Mosport.

Farrari: 1:13.268

braddw25
I had a meeting to go to this evening so I didn't get to do any testing. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back at it again.

braddw25
Giving tests most of the day today. This will allow for some testing (No pun intendedSmile ). I just started at Mosport with the McClaren. So far my best time is 1:12.93

braddw25
Interesting video. I might see if I can locate this mod. The opening race scenes appear to have been filmed at Mosport as far as I can tell.

https://www.youtu...cVUOcfR4vU

braddw25
Got to try out the 917 10 just now at Mosport. This car seems VERY well suited to this track. It's slower on the straights than the McClaren, but it really seems to eat up the corners.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
The 917 10 is from the 1972 series. I thought we were going to limit ourselves to 1971 and earlier.

The later cars (72 forward) are overpowering and make others non competitive.

Based upon the youtube video, there may be other Can-Am cars out there. Maybe we can find them.

What year was the Mclaren you used?

I'll start working on Mosport today.

braddw25
I thought we were just using 71 cars too. You posted a time from the 917 10, so I was just curious to see what I could get it to do at Mosport so I gave it a try too. So in short if there was a breach of etiquette here you started it. LOL:

The McClaren I used was from the 1971 season. I think it was the #5 if I remember correctly.

There are LOTS of other Can-Am cars besides the ones we have. I have pretty much all of them but they are in GTR2 unfortunately and that mod is of much lower quality in my opinion than this one is. Some of the cars in the GTR2 mod do have nice cockpits while others have really crappy ones with no steering wheel. I might start working on getting the nicer ones converted first and then trying to improve upon the ones that are not so nice.
Edited by braddw25 on 25-10-2017 13:01

wdboyd
No problem.. I just don't want to spend time testing cars we won't be racing or using for opponent AI.

Mosport coming up. Smile

braddw25
No problem here either. I was just giving you a rough time. noddingyess

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll